The Data Gathering/Research Methodology
The Data Gathering/Research Methodology paper
Prior to beginning the assignment, review the Section III: An Overview of Quantitative and Qualitative Data Collection Methods article, specifically pages 49-61. One key role of an internal consultant is data collection. The next step is to collect data relevant to analyzing and evaluating the problem.
Evaluate the three research methodologies described in the article - quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods.
• Choose the most appropriate methodology for the identified problem and explain why you believe this is the most appropriate.
• Evaluate a minimum of three data collection techniques described in the article.
• Choose the method(s) that you believe would be most appropriate for the identified problem and explain why this would be the most appropriate data collection technique.
• Explain how you will evaluate the gathered data and how the data will fulfill the needs of the Human Resource Management strategy.
• Be sure to support your statements with evidence from your sources.