A Laboratory Report on the Identifying the Microorganisms
▪ Background information on microbiology and its importance and contributions.
▪ What are microorganisms and their importance to everyday life.
▪ Importance of microbial techniques or test.
▪ Introduce why the activity was done.
▪ What are the objectives or aims of the study?
▪ What is the working hypothesis? etc.
▪ Discuss and analyze your results. How did the results lead to the identification of
▪ Which results did you use to identify your unknown?
▪ What problems did you encounter with explanation?
▪ Give some background information on the organisms you identified. Discuss the
‘big picture’. (must also include citation)
In your discussion/Conclusion section indicate two different types of bacteria that you may have as your unknown. A list of all the organisms is given below. Give reasons for your choice of organisms. If there is only one choice, be sure to justify.
Give information on the organisms you have selected. Be sure to use in-text citation.
Choose name of bacteria from the next list: