Analysis of Healthcare Professional Association
This assignment will encompass an overview, analysis and evaluation of a website for a national professional healthcare association.
Healthcare professional associations play a large role in the careers of healthcare professionals for many reasons. These associations embody many of the professional aspects that you have read about and researched so far this semester.
All healthcare professions have a national association (i.e. American Dental Association, Amweican Occupational Therapy Association etc.) and a state association (i.e. Texas Physical Therapy Association, Texas Medical Association etc.).
The healthcare professional associations, through their structure containing a board, committees and staff, convey information and standards to their membership regarding ethical behavior, clinical issues, professional identity, legal issues and career issues. Membership in healthcare professional associations is very important for practitioners to stay current in all of these areas.
The website analysis paper will cover the following areas and be addressed within the paper
(do not list the following areas as question/answer format in the paper).
1. Is the healthcare professional association website "user friendly" and easy to navigate?
Explain your findings.
2. What is the structure of the healthcare association? Explain your findings.
3. How do professionals join the association? Explain.
4. Are there different "levels of membership" in the association? Explain.
5. How can a professional be involved in the association? Explain.
How would this involvement benefit the healthcare professional? Explain.
6. Address the area of continuing education.
What type of continuing education is provided for members? Explain.
What type of information regarding continuing education is provided for members?
7. What type of information is provided regarding professional conferences? Explain.
How would this information be helpful to healthcare professionals? Explain.
8. Is a job bank for healthcare professionals provided? Explain.
9. What do you think the benefits of being a memeber, of this association, would
be for the individual practitioner? Explain.
10. Does the website address the areas of state or local chapters? Explain.
11. What issues are currently important to this healthcare profession? Explain.
Select and describe two issues that you find on the website that seem to be
of importance to this healthcare profession.
How did you find this information on the site? Explain.
12. Can students be involved in this healthcare professional association? Explain.
How would membership in this healthcare association benefit students? Explain.
13. What would you change about this professional healthcare association webiste?
Why would you make these changes? Explain.
14. What is the overall impression that this website conveys about this professional
healthcare association? Explain.